At Sepio, security and trust are cornerstones of everything we do. We are proud to announce that we have achieved SOC 2 Type II security certification. Demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding data and meeting the highest standards of security, compliance and trust.
While the typical SOC 2 audit and preparation process can feel like a standoff between the company seeking for the SOC 2 security certification and the auditor who conduct a rigid test, we saw an opportunity to do things differently. Instead of simply preparing over many months for a random selection of security controls that needed to be supported by evidence, we embarked on a collaborative journey with our auditor, Prescient Assurance.
Working Together for a Deeper Understanding
Our approach involved a thorough review of all our company’s policies, procedures, and security controls. We worked hand-in-hand with our auditor. Testing each control with the relevant representative in our organization and uploading evidence to a central repository. This transparent collaboration allowed us to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the SOC 2 security certification requirements: We worked alongside our auditor to ensure our controls aligned with the standard and addressed our specific context and security posture objectives.
- Identify and address gaps proactively: By actively engaging with the auditor, we were able to identify potential challenges and address them promptly. Streamlining the audit process.
- Improved communication: Continuous communication fostered a deeper understanding of expectations and challenges, leading to a more efficient audit.
A Collaborative Effort to Focus on Sepio’s Matters
This proactive and collaborative approach has resulted in several benefits:
- Smoother workflow: By working closely with our auditor, we avoided unnecessary delays. Ensuring a smooth progress throughout the audit of SOC 2 security certification preparation process.
- Focus on what matters most to Sepio: Our partnership-based approach with our auditor enabled us to focus the audit preparation process on the most relevant areas for our corporate security posture, as a cybersecurity platform provider.
SOC 2 Security Certification: A Commitment to Trust
We believe that security goes beyond compliance. Our successful SOC 2 security certification reflects our ongoing commitment to building a secure and trustworthy environment for our customers and partners. We are grateful to our auditor for their valuable guidance and partnership throughout this process.
We are confident that our approach to SOC 2 security certification has strengthened our overall security posture and positioned us for continued success in the cybersecurity landscape.